Molly Brown, 2009
Our very own Molly Brown, class of 2009, is featured this quarter.
Molly now lives in Seattle and dances for the Pacific Northwest Ballet School’s Professional Division. In addition to Seattle, she has danced in Chicago for School of Ballet, Chicago as well as for the Royal Danish Ballet in Copenhagen.
What is your name?
- Molly Brown
What year did you graduate from STA?
Where did you attend high school & university?
- I attended Brebeuf Jesuit for freshman and sophomore years, then was afforded an amazing opportunity to dance at the School of Ballet Chicago. I moved to Chicago (on my own at 16!) and danced while continuing my studies online through a program offered by Indiana University High School.
Where do you live now?
- Seattle, Washington
What have you been up to since STA (including work history or any interesting facts and adventures)?
- For my junior and senior years, I lived in Chicago to train at the School of Ballet Chicago. This year (2013), I moved to Seattle to train at the Pacific Northwest Ballet School’s Professional Division. In the falls of 2012 and 2013, I participated in an exchange program with the Royal Danish Ballet and traveled to Copenhagen for a few weeks for ballet training.
What is your favorite STA memory?
- STA field trips were always very fun, and my favorite trip was the trip to Camp Tecumseh in seventh grade. Camp Tecumseh was a tradition for each 7th grade class, and it was great to bond with all my classmates.
What do you like to do in your spare time?
- In my spare time, I love to explore my city. I like to visit different neighborhoods and different attractions. I’ve lived in Chicago, Seattle, and Copenhagen (for a short time), so wherever I am I love to explore!
What words of advice would you offer a current STA student?
- Pursue your passions and don’t worry about doing what everyone else seems to be doing. Be yourself!