Service: Upper grade students are required to complete service hours in which they volunteer their time and talents. Indeed, the entire St. Thomas curriculum is centered on the belief that students not only need to receive an excellent academic education, but also they need to learn how to live a life of kindness and compassion.
- Serving at Mass (6th – 8th grade): Students who are interested, can help by serving at weekday or weekend Masses.
- Habitat Garden
- St. Vincent de Paul Food Pantry
- Haiti Mission
- Aquinas Club Service Scholarship summary – Each year, 3 students entering 8th grade are awarded partial scholarships for their commitment to service of others.
Leadership: STA places a strong emphasis on respect, service and kindness towards others. Some examples of how this is demonstrated every day include:
- Faith Partners – Our younger students are paired with an older student as a Faith Partner who help and guide them through the school year, model responsible behavior and provide a fun companion during field trips and in-school activities.
- STA Student Task Force (anti-bullying)!
- Student Council – 2 elected representatives from 5th grade and 4 from 6th – 8th grade, make up the Student Council. They communicate with the principal and are responsible for student service and fundraising opportunities like the Boulevard Place food pantry and out of uniform days.
- Earth Council