Enrichment Classes: St. Thomas Aquinas provides several classes designed to enhance the curriculum for its students. These classes are considered “specials.” In general, specials are not offered every day to each student, but meet two to three times weekly. The schedule for offering these classes is determined at the beginning of each school year, and parents will be notified of the schedule.
- Physical Education
Additional Programming: The Curriculum at St. Thomas is enhanced in many ways and at St. Thomas Aquinas we provide a range of opportunities for learning beyond the classroom. Your child may choose from a number of extracurricular activities that will enhance his or her educational experience.. Some parts of the curriculum require participation in programs that take place outside of the normal school hours. These include, but are not limited to:
- Spring Musical (5th-8th) – With help our STA faculty, the 5th- 8th grade participants perform well known musicals with challenging fun choreography, great solo and ensemble singing, and scenes that let the participants have a top notch fine arts experience.
- House System (5th-8th) – These houses are an important tradition at STA for 5th – 8th grade students. The program promotes friendship and encourages excellence within the school community.
- Advent Program (Music, PreK-6th)
- Camp Tecumseh (Religion, 7th & 8th)
- Dance Program (PE, PreK-8th)
- Robotics Academic Team (5th-8th)
- Newspaper (5th-8th)
- Ruth Lilly Life Begins (Health, 5th)
- Speech Team (English, 7th-8th)
- Variety Show (All School) – STA Variety Show is an opportunity for students to have fun and show of their own special talents.
- Yearbook (7th-8th)