St. Thomas Aquinas School welcomes students of all races, religions, or national origins.
Priority for admission is:
- Children of registered parishioners with children already enrolled in school.
- Non-parishioners with siblings already enrolled in school.
- Parishioners with first children starting in the school. Consideration will be given to the length of time in the Parish when compiling waiting lists.
- Non-parishioners with no siblings will be admitted to available spaces with consideration given to the following:
- Children attending another Christian church or other religious community whose values are consistent with Christian values, and they are seeking an education that stresses Christian values within a Catholic structure.
- All STA students will participate in all religion classes or services and attend weekly Mass.
- Parents of prospective transfer students (grades 1 – 8) start the enrollment process by meeting with the principal to review admission policies and visit classrooms.
- Prospective students for grades 2 – 8 are required to visit for a day before admission. If after meeting with the principal it is decided that St. Thomas is a potential match for the student, the school will review student records and may ask the prospect to take placement tests in core subjects.
- Each family must complete a registration form and admission questionnaire for each child and return them to the school office along with the non-refundable Registration/Book/Technology Fee.
- Admission will be complete upon the receipt of school report cards, standardized test results and immunization records. Complete disclosure of previous testing results and/or established Individual Education Plan/Individual Catholic Education Plan is mandatory.
- New Junior High (grades 7 & 8) students are accepted at the principal’s discretion.
Re-enrollment for families continuing in the school begins in February. Families will be asked to pay a non refundable Registration/Book/Technology Fee for each child registered.
St. Thomas Aquinas frequently experiences “waiting lists” so timely re-enrollment is important as a courtesy to new families looking for school placement for their children.
In order to apply for admission to St. Thomas, families must submit an Application for Admission & Student Questionnaire which can be completed online OR picked up at the school office.
The Open Enrollment period, in which new families can apply for admission into St. Thomas, begins January 1. The number of students to whom we can offer admission depends on the number of spaces available therefore current school families must have a chance to return their re-enrollment packets. After that time frame, admissions will be made on a case-by-case basis if space remains available.
Completed applications should be sent to the school office (Attn: School Enrollment). Once a child has been accepted to the school, a registration packet will be sent out which contains tuition payment information, along with other important information, procedures and forms to be completed.
The pastor and principal are given the discretion to make determinations regarding which students will be admitted into the school.
St. Thomas admits students of any race, color, national, or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students in the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national, or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, athletic, and other school administered programs.