Technology is used in the classrooms of St. Thomas every day. Some key technologies include:
- Google Apps for Education – St. Thomas uses Google Apps for Education for collaborative work and document sharing while all STA students’ work is automatically saved in the cloud. All students have access to documents, calendar, and sites and be able to work securely, no matter where they are or what device they’re using. In addition, 6th-8th grades have access to email to communicate efficiently with their teachers and other students.
- 1:1 Chromebooks – Grades 5-6
- Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD) – Grades 7-8 students bring their own devices to school to support classroom work and note taking.
- Apple iPads & iPad minis support centers and small group work in all grades, K-8,
- Interactive White Boards in all classrooms allow teachers to engage students with supportive material including learning games, videos and other tools.
- WeatherBug for science
- WeatherBug Schools® is a unique program that combines a fully automated Weather Tracking Station with online, standards-based learning to deliver a fascinating educational experience for all K12. In addition to boosting test scores, WeatherBug’s affiliation with nearly 100 television stations means increased community awareness of your school.
- Resouces for Parents