Please consider participating in the Great Indy Cleanup. It is sponsored by KIB and the City of Indianapolis and focuses on the southern half of Butler-Tarkington neighborhood from 38th to 42nd and Clarendon to Capitol. It begins at 8:00 am on Saturday, April 4th; the schedule is below. It would be great to have a headcount by Wednesday/Thursday of this week. If anyone is interested they should email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: Colin Meier (2nd grade) and his father have participated in the past. It’s a nice way to bring in the Easter festivities.
Dear Butler-Tarkington friends and residents,
In partnership with the City of Indianapolis and Keep Indianapolis Beautiful, the Great Indy Clean-up is coming OUR neighborhood on Saturday, April 4th!
We are so grateful to those of you who have pledged your time and energy to this endeavor.
Below is our schedule for the day:
- 8:00am: Arrive at 612 W. 42nd Street (cream-colored brick building at NW corner of 42nd and Byram Avenue).
Note: Parking is available along 42nd St. Please do not park in Unitarian Universalist lot off of 43rd St. as in years past; they will be hosting a memorial service in the afternoon.
- 8:00 – 8:30am: Welcome, instructions, route assignment, breakfast snack, Q&A, etc.
- 8:30 – 11:15am: Bag loose debris on assigned routes (gloves and trash bags provided)
- 11:15am – 12:00pm: Return to meeting place for lunch (provided by BTNA)
- 12:00pm: City of Indianapolis packer truck (trash compactor) arrives
- 12:00 – 2pm (+/-): Re-walk routes again to dispose of bagged trash in packer truck, including any large and/or non-bagged debris
Our end time is approximate and will depend on number of volunteers. However we have a hard stop at 3pm with the packer truck, therefore we will surely end by then.
Once again, thanks for volunteering for a great cause and helping keep Butler-Tarkington a great place to live! For questions in the interim, please email email@example.com.
– BTNA Board