Hope you all had a good summer!
The IMH/STA Cross Country season starts this Monday. Here are the details:
- Practice on Monday & Wednesdays, 5:30-7:00PM and Saturday mornings 9:00-10:30AM.
- Meet at Holcomb Gardens – bottom of the hill at Butler, on the Circle Drive.
- After Labor Day, we’ll add a Thursday practice, 5:30-7:00PM.
- Open to 3rd-8th graders, STA Students and Parishioners.
- Meets will be on Saturday mornings (2014 CC Schedule)
- 3rd graders encouraged to run but we need parents to run with them at practice. They can participate in meets, but not the City meet.
- We run as part of the Immaculate Heart of Mary (IHM) program — kids will have IHM uniforms.
This program is spectacular!! I can’t say enough things about the program as the IHM coaches do a great job. We actually practice with students from IHM, St. Joan of Arc and St. Luke so there’s usually upwards of 100 kids in practice. Last year, several of the IHM teams won or placed (as a team) in the City meet. While St. Thomas isn’t large enough to field their own teams, we have a great program and contribute significantly to the overall team’s success. More so than anything, the best thing about the program is the emphasis on individual excellence and improvement. The team is also very welcoming. New runners are strongly encouraged to try a practice or two, meet new friends, and enjoy the season. Prior experience isn’t necessary, and there are runners at all ends of the talent spectrum.
Also, unlike any other sport, parents are encouraged to run with the kids during practices.
Cost per runner is $60
All runners must register with IHM and CYO
Please contact me if you have any questions, and we’ll look forward to seeing you next week.
Jeff Stickel, Jeff.Stickel@fore-runner.net