As the weather starts to turn a bit cooler thoughts turn to cozy sweaters, bonfires and home-cooked meals. Not sure you can pack that into an already hectic weekday schedule . . . let the kids help.
For the fifth season of Kids in the Kitchen we will continue on our “family dinner night” journey. This session we will focus on Meals to the Table with What’s in the Pantry. This year’s lineup includes:
- Basics of a Working Kitchen and Pantry – Safety, Knife Skills, Sourcing of produce and different pantry staples.
- Pasta with Grilled Chicken and Homemade Pesto
- Sides, sides and more holiday side dishes
- Chicken Tuscan Stew
Each week we will prepare a recipe from beginning to end and enjoy a sample of our “meal” at the end of class.
One of the most important things we learn is that the food we cook can be nurturing in many different ways. This class is intended to help students become more familiar with ingredients and comfortable in the kitchen. We will explore the different ways food is made and where it comes from.
- Monday afternoons from 3:15 – 4:45 in the Bethany Room Kitchen.
- SESSION 1: 11/6, 11/13, 11/20 and 11/27 (Session 1 is FULL).
- If there is more interest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to open a 2nd session.
- Classes will be limited to 8 participants. Minimum enrollment for class is 5 students.
- Class is open to all students in grades 5-8.
- Cost – $100 per student + $25.00 per student ingredient/supply fee.
- Register/Pay ONLINE.
Class taught by Vicki Higuera – STA Parishioner
Classes are capped at 8 students so sign up early.
Questions, please email Sheila Brown @ email@example.com.