As the weather starts to turn a bit cooler thoughts turn to cozy sweaters, bonfires and home-cooked meals. Not sure you can pack that into an already hectic weekday schedule . . . let the kids help.
For the sixth season of Kids in the Kitchen we will continue on our “family dinner night” journey. This year’s lineup includes:
- Basics of a Working Kitchen and Pantry – Safety, Knife Skills, Sourcing of produce and different pantry staples.
- Healthy and easy meals to prepare for your entire family.
- How to add fun sides, sides and more sides.
- Each week we will prepare a recipe from beginning to end and enjoy a sample of our “meal” at the end of class.
One of the most important things we learn is that the food we cook can be nurturing in many different ways. This class is intended to help students become more familiar with ingredients and comfortable in the kitchen. We will explore the different ways food is made and where it comes from.
- Monday afternoons from 3:15 – 4:45 in the Bethany Room Kitchen.
- SESSION 2: Jan 28, Feb 4, 11, 25
- Classes will be limited to 8 participants. Minimum enrollment for class is 5 students.
- Class is open to all students in grades 5-8.
- Cost billed via SMART – $100 per student + $40.00 per student ingredient/supply fee.
- Register ONLINE.
Class taught by Vicki Higuera – STA Parishioner.
Classes are capped at 8 students so sign up early.
Questions, please email Sheila Brown @ email@example.com.