As the weather starts to (hopefully) turn a bit cooler thoughts turn to cozy sweaters, bonfires and home-cooked meals. Not sure you can pack that into an already hectic weekday schedule . . . let the kids help.
For the fourth season of Kids in the Kitchen we will continue on our “family dinner night” journey. This session we will focus on Chicken: Every Way But Crossing the Street. This year’s lineup includes:
- Basics of Chicken – Whole, different cuts and how they are used, how chicken is raised, safety in handling, sautéed, grilled, baked and what to serve with it.
- Chicken Piccata
- Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Chicken Tuscan Stew
- Chicken Stir Fry
Each week we will prepare recipe from beginning to “ready to put in oven” during class. Students will bring dish home to cook and “family dinner night” is solved.
One of the most important things we learn is that the food we cook can be nurturing in many different ways. This class is intended to help students become more familiar with ingredients and comfortable in the kitchen. We will explore the different ways food is made and where it comes from.
- Wednesday afternoons from 3:15 – 4:45 in the Bethany Room Kitchen.
- SESSION 1: 10/5, 10/12, 10/26 and 11/2. – CLOSED
- SESSION 2: 1/18, 1/25, 2/1 and 2/8. – CLOSED
- Classes will be limited to 8 participants. Minimum enrollment for class is 5 students.
- Class is open to all students in grades 5-8.
- Cost – $100 per student + $25.00 per student ingredient/supply fee.
- Register/Pay ONLINE.
Class taught by Vicki Higuera – STA Parishioner
Classes are capped at 8 students so sign up early.
Questions, please email Sheila Brown @ email@example.com.