Special Progams: The Curriculum at St. Thomas is enhanced in many ways. Some parts of the curriculum require participation in programs that take place outside of the normal school hours. These include, but are not limited to:
- Advent Program (Music)
- Camp Tecumseh (Religion – Grade 7)
- Dance Program (PE)
- Robotics Academic Team (Grades 5-8)
- Future Problem Solvers International
- House System (Grades 5-8)
- Ruth Lilly Life Begins (Health – Grade 5)
- Speech Team (English)
- Talent Show (All School) – STA Talent Show is an opportunity for students to have fun and show of their own special talents.
Service: Upper grade students are required to complete service hours in which they volunteer their time and talents. Indeed, the entire St. Thomas curriculum is centered on the belief that students not only need to receive an excellent academic education, but also they need to learn how to live a life of kindness and compassion.
- Habitat Garden
- St. Vincent de Paul Food Pantry
- Haiti Mission
- Aquinas Club Service Scholarship summary: Each year, 3 students entering 8th grade are awarded partial scholarships for their commitment to service of others.
Leadership: STA places a strong emphasis on respect, service and kindness towards others. Some examples of how this is demonstrated every day include:
- Faith Partners: Our younger students are paired with an older student as a Faith Partner who help and guide them through the school year, model responsible behavior and provide a fun companion during field trips and in-school activities.