The overall role of the School Commission (see members) is to serve as a consultative body to the Principal and Pastor on the operation of the school. The work of the School Commission falls into four major categories:
- Planning – develop goals and objectives specific to the school and assist in the development of the annual operating budget for the school in conjunction with the parish finance committee.
- Monitoring – gather input from parents about issues related to the operation of the school on a semi-annual or annual basis and provide input to the performance appraisal of the school administrator.
- Policy-Making – develop policies to guide specific procedures used in the daily operation of the school. Commission policies and decisions are considered binding throughout the school upon written ratification by the pastor.
- Communicating – Report on the status of the school to the parish and deanery
The monthly meetings are open and generally occur on the first Wednesday of every other month August through June. All parents are welcome to attend. The meetings begin at 7:00 p.m. in the parish center.
- 2014: August 7, September 4, November 6
2015: January 8, March 5, May 7, and June 4 (tentative)
Click HERE for Summary for the School Commission Strategic Plan for June 2013-December 2014.
Letter from Fr. Steve, Mrs. Swinefurth and School Commission: STA 2013-2014 School Strategic Plan Letter