The overall role of the School Commission is to serve as a consultative body to the principal and pastor on the operation of the school. The work of the School Commission falls into four major categories:
- Planning – develop goals and objectives specific to the school and assist in the development of the annual operating budget for the school, in conjunction with the parish finance committee.
- Monitoring – gather input about the operation of the school, review with the commission and, when needed, make recommendations to the school administrator and pastor.
- Policy-Making – develop policies to guide specific procedures used in the daily operation of the school. Commission policies and decisions are considered binding throughout the school upon written ratification by the pastor.
- Communicating – Report on the status of the school to the parish and deanery.
The school commission’s meetings are open and generally occur on the first Wednesday of every other month, August through June. All parents are welcome to attend. The meetings begin at 7:00 p.m. in the parish center.
- 2018-2019: September 12th, November 7th, January 9th, March 13th, May 8th