Funerals are a time of grief at the loss of a loved one. But they are also a time of great hope in the promise of the Resurrection of Christ. For families who have experienced a loss we work with them to provide support and guidance in preparing for the funeral liturgy. If you have experienced a loss and would like to schedule a funeral at STA, please contact the parish office at (317) 253-1461.
Our Bereavement Committee will help in the planning of a Mass of Christian Burial. Some choices the family of the departed will need to communicate to the parish:
- Will there be a visitation period before the mass? (This typically takes place in the narthex)
- Scripture readings (first and second readings, suggestions for readings will be provided)
- Music choices (Opening hymn, Responsorial Psalm, Offertory, Communion and Closing Hymn; song suggestions will be provided if desired as will musicians to accompany and sing)
- Is there a visiting priest?
- Do you want a funeral luncheon?
- Routinely provided by the Good Samaritan ministry at no charge
- Usually held in the Bethany Room, immediately following the burial at the cemetery