The 2019 wrestling season is just around the corner and registration is open! STA wrestlers are invited to join the combination team that meets at Christ the King.
Although basketball is in full swing, don’t worry, it does not overlap much with wrestling. Before you know it basketball will be over and it will be time to cheer on our wrestlers! Competition runs from late January through mid March. Practices will begin in early January.
Please get your son(s) registered soon.
School Code: 4CKSIN
Make your payment: CKS Online Giving
Bantam (Grades K-4) $25, Cadet (Grades 5-8) $60
Top Ten Reasons to sign up for Tiger Wrestling:
• Teaches life lessons of discipline, confidence, good sportsmanship
• Improves abilities to compete in other sports – agility, balance, strength, quickness, mental toughness
• Is a family affair and fun spectator sport
• Minimal time commitment – quick season, Bantam (k-4) practice twice a week, Cadet (5-8) 3-days a week
• Great coaching staff lead by long-time CYO coach Brad Elson
• Opportunity to meet families from neighboring parishes as we are a combined program
• Home dual meets are some of the best events in CYO and raise funds to support all our sports programs
• Teaches respect for your opponent
• Wrestlers come in all shapes and sizes – every boy can wrestle
• New uniforms! We now complete in fight shorts and compression T-shirts. No more singlets. Kids and moms love them!
Looking forward to a great season. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.
Christ the King Wrestling Coordinator